FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PLANET WAVES LAUNCHES NEW BEATLES
LICENSED STRAP AND PICK COLLECTIONS
New Line To Include Guitar Straps Featuring Unique
Faux-Leather/Vinyl, Printed Strap Styles & Designs, Pick Designs Coming Soon
FARMINGDALE, NY, June 1, 2009 – Planet Waves is proud to announce the exciting launch of Beatles straps with matching pick designs to also come soon. The new retro, nostalgic and vegan-friendly designs present historical Beatles artwork to celebrate the music and artistry of the ever-influential band.
From Love Me Do to Revolution, the Beatles were arguably the most creative, diverse and prominent band in pop music history. Planet Waves honors the Beatles’ legacy with a unique collection of guitar picks and straps featuring iconic album covers and timeless images which capture the enduring spirit and essence of the “Fab Four.” Consisting of eight faux-leather/vinyl strap designs spanning the Beatles entire career and multiple pick sets in thin, medium and heavy gauges, for playing or displaying, there will be something for every guitarist and/or Beatles collector.
Inspired by the legendary album artwork, the following strap designs will be available:
- Meet the Beatles –Displaying four large, shadowed headshots of John, Paul, George and Ringo, this black, vinyl strap features artwork from their debut album Meet the Beatles; pick designs available soon
- Hard Day’s Night – Your favorite Hard Day’s Night headshots of John, Paul, George and Ringo are shown on this black, vinyl strap
- Revolver – A white, vinyl strap featuring the Revolver album pencil sketches of John, Paul, George and Ringo positioned vertically down the strap; pick designs available soon
- Help –The legendary illustrations of John, Paul, George and Ringo spelling the word “Help” are vertically positioned down this white, vinyl strap
- Yellow Submarine – A yellow, vinyl strap featuring a psychedelic collage of the celebrated Yellow Submarine cartoon artwork
- Abbey Road – The infamous brick road sign reading “Abbey Road” is on this vinyl strap
- Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band – A simple black, vinyl strap featuring the Sgt. Pepper logo; pick designs available soon
- Anthology – A vinyl strap displaying a vivid collage of the Beatles Anthology artwork
“Anyone that knows me knows that I have been a devoted Beatles fan from the beginning,” says D’Addario & Company CEO, Jim D’Addario. “I know what the Beatles meant to music and the industry, and I am thrilled to share this new collection of iconic straps and picks with other faithful Beatles fans around the world. Let’s start a revolution!”
The Beatles straps will retail for $54.99, and picks will retail at $8.99, available in packs of 10. The new strap designs will be available as of June 1, 2009, picks to ship as of July 1, 2009.
For more information on Planet Waves’ Beatles straps and picks, please visit http://www.daddario.com/beatles.
For more information on Planet Waves’ full line of products, please visit http://www.planetwaves.com.
For more information on the Beatles, please visit http://www.thebeatles.com.
Formed in 1960, the Beatles were a band from Liverpool, England consisting of John Lennon (rhythm guitar/vocals), George Harrison (lead guitar/vocals), Ringo Starr (drums/vocals), and Paul McCartney (bass guitar/vocals). The Beatles are one of the most successful bands in the history of music, selling over one billion records internationally and changing the face of the music industry with each album, consisting of music spanning from psychedelic rock to bubblegum pop.
D’Addario & Company, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets complete lines of strings for fretted and bowed musical instruments, drumheads, drum practice pads, and guitar and woodwind accessories under the proprietary brand names D’Addario, Evans Drumheads, Planet Waves, Rico, HQ Percussion and PureSound Percussion. The company also runs the popular Gbase.com online gear source, as well as D’Addario’s Musician Hub, The Stage (www.tothestage.com), The Lesson Room (www.thelessonroom.com) and Guitar.com. D’Addario products are marketed in approximately 120 countries.